Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms
- 12 ounces Mini Penne Pasta
- 4 tablespoons vegan Margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ cup thinly sliced shallots (about 4)
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, stemmed, sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1¾ cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound asparagus, tough ends trimmed, cut crosswise in thirds
- ¼ cup chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 4 ounces of vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook. Drain. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Sauté mushroom mixture until soft. Add lemon juice; cook another minute. Add broth and lemon peel. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus to mushroom mixture; simmer until asparagus turns bright green, about 2 minutes. Add chives and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until butter melts. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Top with shaved Parmesan and serve.
Like Thanks! You've already liked this