Eggplant Salad with Chia Seed Flatbread
Tried this recipe?Mention or Tag me @aimee_stock
- Olive Oil
- 1 Green Bell Pepper roasted
- 1 Red Bell Pepper roasted
- 1 medium Onion roasted
- 1 clove Garlic roasted
- 1 Eggplant cut into 1" pieces
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Dash of Ground Red Pepper Flakes if desired
- 2 Roma Tomatos cut into quarters
- 1 6 oz. can Tomato Paste
- 1 15 oz. can Diced Tomatos
- Click here for the Chia Flax Flatbread Recipe
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line a baking sheet with foil and place the cut onions, garlic, green and red bell peppers skin side up.
- Cook until slightly blackened.
- Cut the eggplant into 1" diced cubes.
- In a saute pan on medium-high heat, place 1 Tbl Oil and add the cubed eggplant. Cook until softened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the tomatos and tomato paste in a food processor. Blend until smooth. Add the diced tomatos. Set aside.
- Cut the peppers into a large dice and the onions into slices. Mince the garlic. Add to the eggplant.
- Combine the eggplant mixture with the tomato mixture and heat through.
- Serve hot with our Chia Flax Flatbread.