Confession. I am sitting here eating the pasta while writing this post 🙂 Soooo good!
Pasta, Kalamata olives, tomatos, capers, a light olive oil dressing and a few sprigs of thyme. Simple … yet delicious.
Cherry tomatos are super sweet and abundantly available right now. If you are lucky, you’ll be able to find these multi-colored beauties. Ripe and delicious! But if you can’t find them, just chop up some Roma tomatos or whatever tomato is in season for you. It’s more important that they be ripe and sweet.
Just a touch of olive oil, garlic, salt, pepper and a few thyme leaves round out the dish. It’s just as good warm as it is room temperature. A perfect picnic salad.
You could always use black or Spanish olives in a pinch, but the Kalamata olives have a much stronger taste.
- 1 C Dried Orecchiette Pasta cooked to package instructions
- 1 pint assorted Cherry Tomatos
- ½ C pitted Kalamata Olives halved if large
- 1-1/2 Tbl Olive Oil
- 1 tsp fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 Garlic Clove minced
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 2 tsp freshly squeezed Lemon Juice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta to package instructions. You could use any shape of pasta, but something heartier that can stand up to the other ingredients.
- Combine all ingredients together and serve warm or at room temperature.
- Garnish with a few more thyme leaves, if desired.