These Roasted Tomatoes with Mustard Yogurt Sauce are such a simple, yet flavorful side dish. In fact, it would be a great accompaniment to our Chickpea Noodle Casserole.
I start by partially roasting the tomatoes and then combining them with the mustard yogurt sauce and continue roasting until tender. We used cherry or grape tomatoes, but this recipe would translate well to all sizes of tomatoes, but round medium-sized tomatoes tend to work best. The sauce thickens into almost a cheese-like texture and has a bit of tang to it from the mustard.
We garnished with fresh parsley, but thyme and other fresh herbs of your choosing would work just as well.
Before you go, why not check out some of our recent videos and be sure to subscribe to the YouTube Channel! 🙂
Roasted Tomatoes in a Mustard Yogurt Sauce
- 2 tsp Oil Coconut, Canola, etc.
- 1 Shallot diced finely
- 3 oz. Dairy Free Yogurt we used So Delicious Dairy Free PLAIN Cultured Almond Milk Yogurt
- 1 Tbl Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 c Vegetable Broth
- 1/8 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1/8 tsp Mrs. Dash Original Seasoning or seasoning of your choice
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Parsley for garnish
- 2 c Tomatoes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- On a baking sheet, coat tomatoes with a very small amount of oil (1 tsp) , salt and pepper.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saute pan, add 1 tsp of oil and the shallot. Cook until tender and slightly translucent.
- Lower the oven temperature to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine all ingredients for the mustard sauce. Add the cooked shallots.
- Toss with the tomatoes and pour into an oven-safe baking dish.
- Bake for another 15-20 minutes, or until tomatoes are tender and sauce is thickened and bubbling.
- Garnish with parsley or other fresh herbs.