This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All recipes and opinions are mine alone. #SimplyAvocado #CollectiveBias
WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ offers the convenience of fresh avocado in the form of a pure, minimally seasoned dip and spread. I absolutely LOVE this product. No more guessing if that avocado is “ready” – we’ve all been there right?
SIMPLY AVOCADO™ is made from hand-scooped Hass Avocados with no added preservatives. Choose from either Sea Salt or Garlic Herb. I decided to make a really easy layered dip using SIMPLY AVOCADO™.
I found SIMPLY AVOCADO™ at my local Scottsdale, AZ Walmart in the condiments section right there in the produce aisle.
I decided I wanted to make what are essentially homemade bagel chips, but these are a bit more like bruschetta in many ways. Brushed with an herb-infused olive oil and baked until golden and crisp. Perfect for dipping!
Our dip will be topped with diced tomatoes, shredded cheddar (there are great non-dairy options out there), scallions and fresh parsley.
The base of our dip is cream cheese (again, non-dairy options are readily available). The secret to turning this into a dip, is to whip the cream cheese until it’s light. Then, add your favorite chunky salsa.
Top with SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Sea Salt or Garlic Herb (your choice). You could also opt to add ground veggie crumbles here that have been prepared with taco seasoning.
Serve with your bagel chips. I like to provide guests with small appetizer plates and knifes for spreading the dip if they wish. You might also consider a serving spoon. I place four of these small glass pie plates with the dip around a large party table and of course, lots of extra bagel chips.
Everything is already nice and soft, ready for scooping … but a nice touch would be to heat the dip just enough to melt that cheese.
Did you make this recipe for SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Layered Holiday Taco Dip? If so, leave me a note in the comments and let me know what you thought!
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Layered Holiday Taco Dip
- 1 pkg WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™ Sea Salt or Garlic Herb
- 8 oz Cream Cheese or non-dairy alternative, softened
- 1/4 c Chunky Salsa Mild, Medium or Hot
- 1/8 c Tomatoes diced
- 1/8 c Shredded Cheddar Cheese or non-dairy alternative
- 1 tbsp Fresh Italian Parsley chopped
- 1-1/2 tsp Scallions sliced
FOR THE BAGEL BITES:
- Everything Bagels sliced
- Whole Wheat or White Bagels sliced
- Olive Oil for Brushing the Bagel Bites
- Italian Herb Seasoning Blend
- Combine softened cream cheese with chunky salsa using an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- Top with WHOLLY® SIMPLY AVOCADO™, then layer with diced tomatoes, cheese, scallions and parsley.
- Slice bagels and brush with herb and oil mixture. Bake at 350 degrees until toasted.