This Sweet Pink Watermelon Lemonade begins with our basic Grilled Lemonade recipe. Grilling the lemons really gives a depth of flavor that you just cannot achieve any other way and also releases more of their juices.
From there, we cut up some watermelon, put it through a strainer to remove the pulp and added it to a pitcher of our grilled lemonade (which we also strained and removed the grilled lemons from). Serve with wedges of lemon or watermelon and plenty of ice! 🙂
Although I am including the entire recipe below so that you can print it, please visit the following link for more info on how to make our Grilled Lemonade base for this Sweet Pink Watermelon Lemonade.
Sweet Pink Watermelon Lemonade
- FOR THE SIMPLE SYRUP:
- 1 C Sugar
- 1 C Water
- FOR THE LEMONADE:
- 3 very large or 6 medium Lemons halved, grilled then juiced
- 1 Tbl Sugar for sprinkling the lemons
- 4 C Cold Water plus Ice Cubes
- FOR THE WATERMELON JUICE:
- 1/4 of a small Watermelon processed and strained to remove the pulp
- For the simple syrup, combine 1 Cup Sugar and 1 Cup Water in a small saucepan over medium heat. Boil for 5 minutes until sugar is dissolved. Cool completely.
- Preheat a grill pan or grill until very hot. Oil lightly to prevent any sticking.
- Halve the lemons and sprinkle the cut sides with a small amount of sugar. Place cut side down on the grill pan and cook for 2-3 minutes and remove to a plate until cool enough to handle. Squeeze the juice from them while still warm into a strainer over a measuring cup. You'll need 1 full of Cup of lemon juice.
- Add the lemon juice to a pitcher. Follow with the simple syrup, 4 Cups of Water and Ice Cubes.
- Slice a watermelon, removing the rind and place in a food processor. Over a measuring cup, strain the liquid from the pulp. You'll need 1 to 1-1/2 Cups of juice. This need not be exact, but more to your personal taste. Stir into the lemonade mixture.
- Makes approximately eight 8 oz. servings.
Jo from yummyvege says
Wow, that sounds really different, will have to try that!