This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #MakeGameTimeSaucy #CollectiveBias
With Fall upon us, Game Day is oh-so-near. What better way to get the party started than with these Vegan Chicken Enchiladas Suiza-Style Taco Nachos? Let’s go shopping at Walmart!
If you are unfamiliar, traditionally Chicken Enchiladas Suiza is a dish made with a sour cream based sauce combined with a green (verde) salsa . I am using the 24 oz. Pace® Salsa Verde and you can click here for a coupon at Walmart (Earn $0.50 cash back with Ibotta® when you purchase a jar of Pace®! (Offer is valid on any ONE (1) 15 oz. or larger Pace® Salsa or Pace® Picante Sauce.)) Ban the bland and take the flavor of your food to a whole new level!
While I was there, I also picked up the 24 oz. Pace® Chunky Salsa Medium and a bag or tortilla chips. Who doesn’t love chips and salsa? I always like to offer a few different options when I am entertaining.
Since I am keeping things plant-based, I used a chicken-style textured soy protein, but feel free to use whatever you enjoy. Add a little water and a sprinkling of taco seasoning, cooking until golden brown. It’s as simple as that!
At Walmart, I also found these little street tacos. Perfect for making tacos in to NACHOS 🙂 They get stuffed with the soy-based seasoned chicken strips and a generous amount of cheese. Suiza means “Swiss”, so if you can find a vegan Swiss-style cheese, great! If not, a vegan mozzarella will work just fine.
I fill and layer the little tacos nacho-style and top with the sour cream and Pace® Salsa Verde. They get baked in the oven (or outdoor on the grill) until the cheese is melted. You can also microwave if your platter is not oven-safe
The final touch, a bit of chopped red onion and garnish of fresh cilantro or parsley.
Guests simply pull out a taco nacho and you can serve with additional sides for dipping if you wish such as, sour cream or more of the Pace® Salsa Verde as I did here. You can even serve little sides of Mexican rice in appetizer-sized cups!
Ready to shop for delicious Pace® products at Walmart? Hover over the photo below to click through to Walmart.com and purchase them! Use them as an ingredient, a condiment or a dipping sauce. These two are my favorites and I always have them in my pantry.
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Chicken Enchiladas Suiza Style Taco Nachos? Let me know in the comment section below. How are you going to ban the bland with Pace®? Get recipe inspiration here.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Vegan Chicken Enchiladas Suiza Style Taco Nachos
- Street Tacos or any small tortilla is fine if you can't find them
- 2 c Vegan Soy Curls, soaked & drained or other protein choice
- Taco Seasoning to taste
- 2/3 c Water
- 1/4 c Red Onion diced
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped
- 1 c Vegan Shredded Swiss or Mozzarella-Style Cheese
- 1/4 c Pace® Salsa Verde plus more for serving
- 1/4 c Vegan Sour Cream plus more for serving
- In a large saute pan over medium heat, add the vegan textured soy protein that you have rehydrated in boiling water and drained of excess moisture. If you are using a frozen product, just add to the pan in the next step below. No need to thaw.
- Add the water and taco seasoning and saute until most of the liquids have absorbed and the soy 'chicken' curls have gotten golden brown on the edges.
- Arrange the folded tortillas on an oven safe platter and fill with the seasoned soy chicken. Top with shredded cheese, Pace® Salsa Verde, vegan sour cream and melt. I actually used a microwave safe platter to do mine.
- Finally, to finish the dish, add diced red onion and freshly chopped parsley (or cilantro) and serve warm with extra sides of the salsa and sour cream.