Vegan Italian Farro Soup
This vegan Italian Farro Soup is easy to prepare and also freezes well!
- 2 Tbl Vegetable Oil
- 1 Medium Onion
- 2 Large Carrots cut into 1/4" pieces
- 2 Large Parsnips cut into 1/4" pieces
- 1 Cup of Farro rinsed
- 4 C Vegetable Broth
- 1 14 oz. Can of Diced Tomatos
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 2 Cups Fresh Spinach
- 1 Can Great Northern Beans
- Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Fresh Parsley
- Heat oil in a large pot on medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5 minutes, until transparent.
- In the meantime, peel and chop the carrots and parsnips. Add to the onion along with the farro and cook for about 1 minute until coated.
- Then add the broth, tomatos, salt and pepper bringing to a boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the spinch, beans and additional water if needed. Cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- You'll know when the soup is done when the farro and vegetables are all tender but do not overcook. Taste for seasoning. If topping with vegan parmesan, keep in mind this adds some salty flavor.
- Garnish with parsley.