We don’t do enough breakfasts on The Veg Life. I’m not sure why … but it’s time to change that! I must confess that I am personally terrible about eating breakfast. I know, I know. Most important meal of that day and all. I have never been a big breakfast person, but I do love breakfast for dinner 🙂
This one is super quick and low calorie. At just 255 calories per serving, you could add vegan parmesan cheese (or nutritional yeast) if you wanted. There is alot of room for improvisation and please feel free to choose veggies that you like.
Most frozen hashbrowns are only 70 calories for 1-1/4 C (not counting cooking oil) – which, by the way is wayyyy too excessive. You just don’t need that much to cook them. Whatever the package suggests, you can reduce it by half or even further.
If you wanted to use freshly grated potatos for this, you’ll need to get out the excess moisture of they just won’t crisp up as well, but either way – season them up! I use Mrs. Dash seasonings because they are salt-free. I used the original blend for this dish but you could use whatever suits your taste.
Veggie Hashbrown Skillet
- 1 C Hash browns
- 1/2 C Broccoli Florets fresh or frozen
- 1/2 C Butternut Squash cubed (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 C Green Peppers chopped
- 1/4 C Red Peppers chopped
- 1/4 C Red Onion chopped
- 1/4 C Yellow Corn fresh or frozen
- 1 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Seasoning of your choice I use Mrs. Dash seasonings
- Lemon to garnish
- In a skillet on medium high heat, prepare the hashbrowns according to package instructions until golden and crispy. We used frozen.
- In another skillet, saute the vegetables until tender.
- Top the sauteed vegetables with the hashbrowns and serve with a wedge of lemon.