This fragrant dessert is refreshingly light and it’s easy to make!
- 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbl Granulated Sugar
- Zest from 2-3 medium Clementines
- Juice from 2 Lbs. of Medium Clementines
- Pinch of salt
- In a saucepan, stir together the sugar, clementine zest, a pinch of salt and 1/3 Cup + 1 Tbl. Water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar is dissolved and the syrup is clear. This should take about 2 minutes.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/pan1.jpg”][/url]
- Set aside to cool as you juice the Clementines.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/juicer1.jpg”][/url]
- Stir the juice and the sugar syrup together and pour into an 8”x8” glass or metal pan that you have had in the freezer to chill, cover with cling wrap and freeze for 2 hours.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/frozen-dish1.jpg”][/url]
- Stir the mixture with a fork and break up any portions that may have become solid and return to the freezer. Continue to do this every 30 minutes until the mixture is evenly icy and granular, about 2 hours more.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/scrape1.jpg”][/url]
- Cover the granita and return to the freezer until ready to serve. You can make this up to one week ahead. To serve, you’ll want to scrape with a fork to loosen and spoon into small bowls.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/granita1.jpg”][/url]
Like Thanks! You've already liked this