I love this roasted red beet hummus! It’s so colorful and it goes with just about any vegetable. And it’s super easy to make. The hardest part, if you can call it that, is waiting for the beet to roast and then peeling it
Everything goes into the food processor and purees until smooth and that’s it! Just serve with an array of your favorite colorful vegetables. Some raw, some blanched.
It’s quite impressive to serve to your guests. This recipe makes about 2 Cups and we estimated about 2-1/2 Tbl per person. So it serves approximately 12 people. You can adjust it up or down as you wish, but this is how the nutrtion was calculated.
- 1 small red Beet, roasted until fork tender & peeled
- ¼ C Walnuts, chopped finely
- 1 tsp Lemon Zest
- ¼ C Water
- 2 Tbl Lemon Juice
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¾ tsp Pepper
- 15 oz. can Chickpeas (Garbanzo Beans), drained and rinsed
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash and trim beets.
- Lightly coat with vegetable oil and salt.
- Roast until fork tender, about 45 minutes to an hour depending on size.
- Allow to cool enough to handle.
- With GLOVES or a PAPER TOWEL, remove skin. It will stain your skin red if you aren't careful.
- Place into a food processor with all other ingredients.
- Puree until smooth.
- Serve with a colorful array of mixed vegetables.