So, now the holidays are over and what to do with the leftover Christmas punch? Here is a SUPER easy recipe to enjoy those leftovers.
Wassail Granita is created by simply placing the punch into a flat freezer-safe dish or loaf pan, freezing in 45 minute intervals and scraping with a fork to create those crystals.
Continue this process until it is completely frozen and scraped into small crystals. Serve in a chilled decorative glass with a sprig of mint.
Below is our recipe for Cranberry Wassail. Enjoy! 🙂
- 4 C Cranberry Juice
- 1-1/4 C Apple Cider
- ½ C Sugar
- 2 whole Cinnamon Sticks
- ½ tsp of whole Allspice
- ¼ tsp Ground Nutmeg
- 2 Tbl fresh Orange Juice
- Orange slices, cinnamon sticks and/or whole cloves for garnish
- In a saucepan, add the cranberry juice and apple cider.
- Add the sugar, cinnamon sticks, allspice and nutmeg.
- Heat to boiling and then reduce heat, simmering for 10-15 minutes.
- Strain to remove spices.
- Place into a flat 8″ x 8″ glass baking dish, or loaf pan.
- Freeze for 45 minutes.
- Using a fork, lightly scrape to create the crystals.
- Repeat this process until it’s completely frozen and scraped into loose crystals. It should appear much lighter in color once scraped.
- Spoon into chilled decorative glasses with a sprig of mint.
- Serve immediately or freeze until ready to enjoy.