- ½ Cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 large apples peeled, cored and cut into chunks
- ½ Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 2 Egg Substitutes such as Ener-G, The Vegg, etc.
- 1 ½ Cups All-Purpose Flour
- ¾ Tsp Salt
- ½ Tsp Baking Powder
- ¾ Tsp Baking Soda
- ½ Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- ¼ Tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Confectioner’s Sugar optional for serving
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly spray an 8” cake pan or individual bundt pans with cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan, bring apples and ¼ Cup of water to a simmer over high heat. Then cover, reduce heat to medium, and cook until very tender, about 12-14 minutes. Mash apples with a whisk, stirring until most of the water evaporates. About 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Whisk in brown sugar, then oil. Quickly whisk in eggs, then rest of ingredients (it’s best to have these prepared in advance).
- Transfer batter to baking pan and bake until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. 30-35 minutes for 8 inch pan, 15-17 minutes for mini bundt pan. Let cool on a wire rack for 20 minutes. Invert and let cool on a rack.
- To serve, dust top with confectioner’s sugar if desired.