I absolutely love brussel sprouts and my only disappointment in this Brussel Sprout & Apple Hash was that it sort of lost a bit of its color while cooking. It may not be the prettiest dish … but the taste? Delicious!
As a side note, this mixture makes an amazing addition to a stuffing mixture. It’s just so flavorful.
I begin with fresh brussel sprouts. Ends trimmed, outer leaves removed.
I then sliced them to about 1/8″ thick. The thicker the slices, the longer they will take to cook.
To caramelized onions, we add the brussels and when they start to brown, add the diced apples.
At this time, you’ll also want to add the vinegar, broth and season with salt and pepper. Continue to cook on medium high heat until the majority of the liquid has evaporated. Taste for seasoning and serve hot.
Before you go, why not check out some of our recent videos and be sure to subscribe to the YouTube Channel! 🙂
Brussel Sprout & Apple Hash
- 1 lb . Brussel Sprouts trimmed, cleaned and sliced into 1/8" pieces
- 1 Red Apple diced
- 1 Onion sliced thinly
- 1 Tbl Oil
- 1 Tbl Vegan Margarine optional
- 2 Tbl Apple Cider Vinegar
- 1 C Vegetable Broth
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Place 1 Tbl of oil and 1 Tbl of vegan margarine into a large saute pan.
- Add the sliced onions and cook until caramelized.
- Add the brussels and cook over medium high heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the diced apples, vinegar and broth cooking until the broth is nearly evaporated.
- Season with salt and pepper.