I can’t believe that after all this time, I have yet to make a Classic Pico de Gallo Recipe for you! With summer upon us, get those tortilla chips ready because this one comes together quickly and it’s perfect for when you have guests over.
But first, a question I hear quite often…
What is the difference between salsa and pico de gallo?
According to the Kitchn, “Pico de gallo, referred to as salsa fresco, is a type of salsa. It’s a fresh, uncooked mixture of chopped tomatoes and onions, cilantro, fresh chiles, lime juice, and salt. … While traditional salsa has a thinner consistency with more liquid, pico de gallo is chunky, with each chopped ingredient distinctly visible.”
What ingredients do I need?
- Roma Tomatoes, diced
- White (or Red) Onion, diced
- Jalapeno, diced
- Cilantro (or if you are opposed, parsley works just fine)
- Lime Juice
How to make my Classic Pico de Gallo Recipe
Diced the red (or white) onion and tomato.
I like to dice the jalapeno a bit finer and feel free to use as little or as much as you desire. Add to the bowl with chopped cilantro.
Season with salt and pepper, give a squeeze of lime and stir well to combine.
It’s fresh and delicious and can be used in so many ways including along with guacamole for dipping, served on taco, tostadas, burritos and quesadillas. Mix it into rice or omelets or even top a burger or baked potato. Enjoy!
Did you make my Classic Pico de Gallo Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Classic Pico de Gallo Recipe
- 3 large Roma Tomatoes seeds removed and diced
- 1/4 c Cilantro or parsley, if you prefer
- 1/4 c White or Red Onion finely diced
- 1 small Jalapeno diced, or to taste
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Prep all of the ingredients and toss together in a bowl. Serve immediately with your favorite tortilla chips or better yet, allow to sit covered in the refrigerator to allow the flavors to meld. Enjoy!