It’s summer, time for outdoor grilling and lots of salads! One of my favorites is this Classic Vegan Macaroni Salad. In the old days, we would add a few non-vegan things, but you can get creative here by adding hearts of palm or even avocado on top!
For veggies, I use a colorful blend of red, green and yellow peppers, red onion, celery and of course, carrots. I’ll add chopped parsley and season with salt and pepper to taste.
To bind, I use only mayonnaise just as my grandma and mom did when I was growing up! Some things need to remain classic since I am veganizing this recipe 🙂 Thankfully, there are some great vegan mayonnaise products out there. My new personal favorite is Best Foods VEGAN.
For a final touch and a bit of added flavor, I give the salad a sprinkling of paprika. Love paprika!
I also love this “macaroni” salad with Cavatappi noodles … my absolute favorite. They just have a bit more texture and really hold the other ingredients well. I’m also known for doing this one with mini penne pasta as well.
Did you make this recipe for Classic Vegan Macaroni Salad? Let me know in the comments section below.
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping The Veg Life! creating new recipes for you each week.
If you liked this recipe, PIN IT FOR LATER!
Classic Vegan Macaroni Salad
- 2 c Macaroni Noodles boiled until al dente
- 2 tbsp EACH Red, Green & Yellow Peppers finely diced
- 1/4 c Celery finely diced
- 1/4 c Carrots finely diced
- 3 Scallions (green onions/spring onions) white & light green parts finely chopped
- 2 tbsp Red Onion finely diced
- 2 tbp Pimento
- Italian Parlsey plus more for garnish
FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/2 c Vegan Mayonnaise
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Paprika to taste
- Boil your choice of noodles according to package instructions.
- Meanwhile, chop all of the veggies that you will be using and combine with 1/2 c of vegan mayonnaise to start. You can always add more later.
- Drain the pasta and allow to cool. I usually spread it out on a plate to expedite the process.
- Now, just combine the pasta and the veggie/mayo mixture. Taste for seasoning and garnish with a sprinkling of paprika and chopped parsley. Get creative, add ingredients you love!