Tried this recipe?Mention or Tag me @aimee_stock
- 1/4 C Vegetable Oil
- 1-1/2 Tbl Silken Tofu, blended until smooth OR 1-1/2 tsp Ground Flax + 1-1/2 Tbl Water, OR 1-1/2 Tbl Applesauce
- 3/4 C Vegan Sugar
- 3/4 C Canned Pumpkin Puree NOT pumpkin pie mix
- 3/4 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 3/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 C All Purpose Flour
Cinnamon Sugar Topping:
- 1 Tbl Ground Cinnamon
- 3-4 Tbl Vegan Sugar
- Mix together the oil, tofu, sugar, pumpkin, spices, salt and baking powder. Add flour and stir just until smooth.
- In a muffin (or mini muffin) pan, place a cupcake or mini muffin wrapper in a muffin or cupcake pan and fill only 3/4 full. These will rise, so be sure not to overfill.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and bake for 7-8 minutes or mini, or 20-25 minutes if making full sized muffins.
- Using a toothpick or cake tester will help you determine doneness. Remove from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes. Loosen the edges ransfer to a wire rack.
- While the muffins are still warm but not as fragile, gently shake them in a bag with the cinnamon sugar. You can also just sprinkle the tops of the muffins heavily rather than coating the entire muffin.