I have long been a fan of Sunwarrior’s vegan protein powders and was recently contacted to review their Classic Plus Organic Raw Plant-Based Protein Powder line up. I sampled the vanilla and chocolate, but it also comes in a classic natural flavor.
Organic Certified Classic Plus builds on Sunwarrior’s original rice protein by adding in the amino acid balancing effects of peas, chia seeds, quinoa, and amaranth. This superfood combination still relies heavily on the gentle nature of whole-grain brown rice, but with a hefty dose of the strength that has made Warrior Blend so popular.
I’m always looking for new ways to incorporate protein into my everyday life. Smoothies are always a great way to use the powders, but today I decided to make high protein muffins! You’ll find a printable recipe for both versions at the end of this post.
First up, Banana Muffins using the vanilla protein powder. I topped some of those with vegan chocolate chips.
If you would like to try Sunwarrior® products for yourself, you can visit their website at: www.Sunwarrior.com I love that you can now get some of the products in single serving sizes which is really convenient!
Also give them some love on social media:
DISCLOSURE: Financial compensation was NOT received for this post. A sampler pack of product was gifted to The Veg Life! for the purposes of review. The opinions expressed here are my own and the recipes used in the review of this product were not sponsored.
High Protein Banana Breads
- FOR THE VANILLA HIGH PROTEIN BANANA BREAD:
- 1-3/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 Medium Bananas
- 1/3 C of Vegan Margarine such as Earth Balance
- 2 Tbl Almond Milk
- 1/2 C Applesauce
- 1/2 - 1 Scoop Vanilla Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE HIGH PROTEIN BANANA BREAD:
- 3 medium Bananas
- 1/2 C vegan Margarine melted
- 3/4 C Sugar
- 1 “Flax Egg” 1 Tbl ground Flax Seed to 3 Tbl Water, refrigerated for 15 minutes
- 1 tsp pure Vanilla
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2- 1 Scoop Chocolate Sunwarrior Classic Plus Protein Powder
- 1/4 C Cocoa Powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Insert paper cupcake wrappers into standard sized muffins pans.
- Combine ingredients for desired muffins in an electric mixer. Do not over beat.
- Spoon measured portions into paper wrappers using an ice cream scoop.
- Top with vegan chocolate chips, if desired.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool completely on a wire wrap.
- These freeze extremely well. Just wrap individually with foil paper.