If you follow me over on my sister site, Living Vegan, you may have seen me playing around with recipes using my new Air Fryer. I made Air Fryer Fried Turmeric Cauliflower “Steaks” and Golden Turmeric Air Fryer Falafel.
Today, I thought I would try out Vegan Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan and it came out perfectly!
About the air fryer I am using…
By the way, the folks at Avalon Bay are offering a Promo Code for 20% off the Avalon Bay AirFryer-230B! Just use the code 20THEVEGLIFE before checkout if you purchase from their website! You can, of course, also purchase it on Amazon. I’m loving this thing! 🙂
I ended up bumping up the temp to 390, flipping the eggplant halfway through the 15 minutes.
Let’s make the Vegan Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Recipe…
I like to set up a little dredging station. You can use a fork to try and get this done, but to be honest, your hands are your best tools. Things are about to get a little messy 🙂
Coat in flour (and shake off any excess), then into almond milk and finally, into panko bread crumbs that I have mixed with vegan parmesane (I also added herbs).
You can leave the skins on or peel them. I don’t mind them and they are entirely edible. As you can see, we got a pretty nice coating going on here.
You can make this recipe without oil, but I have been using this olive oil mister (which I am absolutely obsessed with). It gives just a very light mist of oil and it’s how I am attempting to decrease my own use of oil.
Time to air fry…
I think the oil really gives you some nice, crispy edges. I flip halfway through and that’s it! Just a few more steps to get our air fryer parmesan.
Finishing off the Eggplant Parmesan…
I decided to spoon my marinara sauce over the air fried eggplant.
Added some vegan mozzarella shreds…
Air fry for another 2 minutes (or until melted)…
Garnish with fresh parsley…
…and serve over spaghetti. You can always serve with more of the marinara sauce heated up in a pan on the stove.
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Vegan Air Fryer Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
- 1 large Eggplant stems removed and sliced
- 1/2 c Flour
- 1/2 c Almond Milk
- 1/2 c Panko Bread Crumbs
- 2 tbsp Vegan Grated Parmesan
- Onion Powder to taste
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Salt & Pepper to taste
TO TOP THE EGGPLANT PARMESAN:
- 1 c Marinara Sauce plus more for serving
- 1/2 c Vegan Mozzarella Shreds
- Vegan Grated Parmesan
- 4 oz. Spaghetti or pasta of your choosing, cooked al dente (about 2 oz. per person)
- sprinkle Vegan Grated Parmesan
- Parsley for garnish
- Wash, dry and remove stems of eggplant. Create slices.
- Dip the slices into flour, then almond milk and finally, the panko bread crumbs that you have mixed with the vegan parmesan, salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder.
- Spray lightly with oil (if desired) and place into the basket of an air fryer at 390 degrees for 15 minutes, flipping halfway through (spray the second side lightly).
- Alternately, you can do this all in the oven at 400 degrees. Cooking time may vary since air fryer's use a convection type cooking method. Just keep an eye on them.
- While the eggplant are cooking, go ahead and cook your pasta.
- Once golden on both sides, spoon on some of the marinara and top with a combination of the two vegan cheeses. Cook just until the cheese begins to melt.
- Serve with the pasta (and extra sauce), garnishing with fresh parsley and perhaps another sprinkle of the vegan parmesan. Enjoy!