Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Just a few minor tweaks to the classic Toll House recipe and you have perfect vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies.
Tried this recipe?Mention or Tag me @theveglife1
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar vegan
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar vegan
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 C original unsweetened Applesauce
- 2 cups 12-oz. pkg. vegan Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- PREHEAT oven to 375° F.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt in small bowl. shortening, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. Add applesauce and beat until combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in chocolate morsels. Using a small cookie scoop, drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets or Silpats.
- Try not to eat them all at this point ;), but the good news is??? You can! No raw eggs in this dough 🙂
- BAKE for 6-7 minutes for small cookies up to 9-11 for larger cookies (or until golden brown). Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.