Here’s another great vegan #GameDayFood to add to your menu! This Baked Spinach and Artichoke Dip is so simple to prepare. Served hot, it’s rich, creamy and has great flavor. So close to the original, you won’t even remember that it’s completely vegan.
The ingredients include: Vegan mayonnaise (I am in love with the Just Mayo brand from Hampton Creek), Vegan Parmesan Topping (if you’ve followed me for awhile, you know I almost exclusively use the GO Veggie! brand), artichoke hearts, spinach, pimento and Vegan cream cheese (I use the Tofutti brand).
And don’t worry if you can’t find some (or all) of these ingredients. While many can be purchased online, there are dozens of alternative recipes available with a simple Google search. Additionally, I’ll give you a few in the printable recipe below.
I sprinkle with a bit more parmesan, some paprika and parsley so that it turns a nice golden brown on top.
I serve this dip with one of my new favorite chips. These are Target’s brand, Simply Balanced Organic Yellow Corn Tortillas. Think Frito’s, but healthier … and you have these chips. Not affiliated with or sponsored by this company, I just love them!
This recipe makes about 2 to 2-1/2 Cups, so feel free to double, or even triple, the recipe. If you prefer a thinner dip, you can add more mayonnaise or even a bit of Vegan sour cream to loosen it up (I use the Tofutti brand).
- 1/2 C to 1 C Vegan Mayonnaise such as Just Mayo or Vegenaise
- ***Can't find vegan Mayonnaise? Make your own! Combine 4oz Silken Tofu or soft, 2Tbl Lemon Juice, 2 tsp Dijon Mustard, 1 C Oil and Salt in a blender until smooth)***
- 1/2 C Vegan Cream Cheese such as Tofutti, softened
- ***Can't find vegan Cream Cheese? In this recipe you could substitute an avocado, silken tofu or even canned coconut cream - that is, the solids that form in the can when refrigerated over night. Discard the liquid or use in a smoothie!)***
- 1 C Vegan Parmesan such as GO Veggie! or Parma, plus more for topping
- ***Can't find vegan Parmesan? Try combining 1/2 C raw cashews or walnuts with 2 Tbl nutritional yeast and 1/2 tsp salt in a food processor*** gives that "cheesy" flavor
- 15 oz . Can of Artichoke Hearts drained, patted dry and quartered
- about 8-9 oz. of frozen Spinach defrosted, drained, patted dry and chopped
- 1 Tbl of diced Pimentos you could also use red peppers here
- Minced Garlic optional and to taste
- Paprika for garnish
- Parsley for garnish
Soften the cream cheese so it's easier to mix.
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Lightly spray a baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
Combine the cream cheese, mayo and parmesan in a large bowl.
Squeeze the spinach of all moisture. Chop and add to the cream cheese mixture.
Drain the artichokes, pat dry and chop into quarters. Add to the cream cheese mixture.
Add the pimentos and minced garlic, mixing until well combined.
Spoon into prepared baking dish. If the dish is very full, place the baking dish onto a baking sheet to catch any liquids that might boil over.
Top with additional parmesan, paprika and parsley.
Bake until golden and bubbly.
Serve hot with tortilla chips.