We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites. For more information, click here.
These Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins couldn’t be any simpler to make. You can also use the base recipe to make a standard chocolate chip-free banana muffin…or even banana bread in loaf form!
We had a warm streak here in Arizona (at least by winter standards) and I now have spring fever. I’ve been baking lots of goodies for you 🙂
I used these bright yellow cupcake wrappers. They are so cheery!
I use this brand of vegan chocolate chips. Consistent results every single time. They also make dark chocolate morsels and chocolate chunks (which re amazing)!
I like to top with a few extra chips (okay, maybe more than a few) for aesthetic purposes.
The chips do take some time to set up after baking, so allow to cool completely. Unless, of course, you are like me and enjoy them warm and gooey.
These muffins just make me happy.
Did you make this recipe for Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 1-3/4 C All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 C Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/8 tsp Salt
- 2-3 medium Bananas
- 1/3 C Vegetable Shortening
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk Coconut, etc.
- 1/2 C Applesauce (or equivalent to 2 egg replacer)
- 1 C Vegan Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare muffin pans with cupcake wrappers.
- Whisk dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Combine all wet ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer.
- Add dry ingredients mixing just to blend. Do not over mix.
- Divide amongst cupcake wrappers.
- Allow approximately 8-12 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. Cooking times vary greatly with each oven. Just keep an eye on things.
- Cool for 10 minutes in the pan.
- Remove and continue cooling on a wire rack.
- These can be individually wrapped in foil and frozen.
Leave a Reply