This Easy Butternut Squash Bread Recipe will soon become one of your favorite quick breads! It’s so sweet and tender, served with a bit of vegan margarine either warm, room temperature or refrigerated. We just love this one in our family and think you will to. Let me show you how to make it.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you’ll need:
- Roasted Butternut Squash Puree
- Egg (of vegetarian) or Egg Replacer of your choosing (if vegan)
- Vegetable Oil
- Granulated Sugar
- Brown Sugar
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- and Nutmeg
How to make Easy Butternut Squash Bread Recipe
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees and spray your desired loaf pan with cooking spray. I am using Wilton’s mini loaf pans. I just love these because you can individually wrap the loaves in foil and freeze them.
In a large bowl, mix together the wet ingredients. This includes the butternut squash puree, egg (or replacer), oil, water, sugar and brown sugar. Whisk until thoroughly combined. Then add the remaining ingredients.
Prepare your loaf pan with cooking spray and divide the batter equally between the mini loaf pans.
Bake until a toothpick inserted comes clean. You could alternately choose to bake this in a traditional loaf pan, so baking time will vary based on the pan you use.
Cool in the loaf pan for 15 minutes then remove to a rack to cool completely. Use a serrated knife to slice as these are very tender loaves.
Did you make my Easy Butternut Squash Bread Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Butternut Squash Bread Recipe
- 1 c Butternut Squash Puree
- 2 large Egg OR VEGAN EGG REPLACER
- 1/2 c Vegetable Oil
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 c Sugar
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray mini loaf pans with cooking spray.
- The butternut squash was roasted the day prior and cooled.
- In a large bowl, add the butternut squash puree, eggs, oil, water, sugar and brown sugar until well combined.
- In another bowl, whisk together the dry ingredients. Add to the wet mixture and stir just until incorporated.
- Divide the batter equally amongst the prepared mini loaf pans.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted comes clean, about 25 minutes but keep and eye on things. Depending on your oven this may require a bit more time.
Leave a Reply