Avocado Toast is still all the rage on Pinterest but we’re kicking it up a notch with this Everything Avocado Toast Recipe! With just a few simple ingredients, you have a delicious lunch (or snack) ready in just minutes. First, go make some toast 🙂
While the toast is, well, toasting…let’s make a homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning. This will make more than you need, but keeps well in your spice cupboard. There are a million and one uses for this stuff.
How to make homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning
Ingredients you’ll need to make your own homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning include:
- white sesame seeds
- black sesame seeds
- poppy seeds
- dried minced garlic
- dried minced onion
- flaked or coarse salt
The recipe and exact measurements I used will be provided in the printable recipe card below.
For the vegan cream cheese layer
Next, we’ll be using a softened vegan cream cheese. Depending on the brand, it may already be soft enough to spread and that’s all we’re looking for here. I like to season this up with a bit of salt, pepper and a squeeze of lemon juice.
Using a knife or offset spatula, spread an even layer on your toast. Speaking of that toast, I prefer a really grainy bread for this recipe, but any bread will work so long as it’s sturdy once toasted. I would steer away from a simple white bread. My personal favorite is Oatnut bread.
For the mashed avocado layer
Since the avocado turns quickly once exposed to air, let’s scoop it out and give it a squeeze of fresh lemon juice. I also season this with salt and pepper. Remember to season every layer because you want every layer to taste good, right? 😉
Spread this on top of the cream cheese layer. Now for that remaining avocado half…
I like to slice it up into wedges for both texture and interest. Then simply sprinkle the top with your homemade Everything Bagel Seasoning and enjoy!
Did you make this Everything Avocado Toast Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Everything Avocado Toast Recipe
EVERYTHING BAGEL SEASONING:
- 2 tbsp Poppy Seeds
- 1 tbsp White Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 tbsp Dried Minced Garlic PLUS 1 teaspoon
- 1 tbsp Dried Minced Onion PLUS 1 teaspoon
- 2 tsp Coarse or Flaky Salt
TO MAKE THE TOAST:
- 1 slice Grainy Bread
- 1 large Avocado 1/2 for mashed, 1/2 for topping
- 2 tbsp Vegan Cream Cheese softened enough to spread
- Lemon Juice a squeeze for the cream cheese mixture and a squeeze for the avocado mixture
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Prepare the Everything Bagel Seasoning mixture. Set aside.
- Toast your bread.
- Make the vegan cream cheese mixture and spread onto your toast.
- Make the avocado mixture using 1/2 of the avocado and spread onto the vegan cream cheese layer.
- Slice the remaining avocado and place onto the top of the avocado layer.
- Sprinkle with your Everything Bagel Seasoning and enjoy!
Leave a Reply