I must admit, I learned how to oven roast potatoes from Ina Garten over at Food Network. I wanted the perfect crispy on the outside, tender on the inside Oven Roasted Baby Dutch Potatoes Recipe and this is it! You can serve them ‘as is’ or with some vegan sour cream for dipping. Let me show you how I made them!
The first thing you want to do is wash these potatoes. I wouldn’t recommend using a scrub brush because the skin is so thin, you might rub it away. A good rinsing is all you need.
Since our goal is crispy potatoes, you want these as dry as possible. I washed mine, paper towel dried them and let them sit for about 20 minutes before proceeding. Alternately, you can always wash them the night before.
Slice the potatoes in half. If there are a few potatoes that are much larger than the rest, you can always quarter those.
Now add about a tablespoon of oil. Since there are so few ingredients in this recipe, go for the tastiest of oils and that is olive oil.
Season liberally with salt and pepper.
At this stage, you can really personalize this recipe with herbs such as rosemary or thyme. Whatever you prefer. Toss well.
How to oven roast baby Dutch potatoes
Place the potatoes cut side down on the sheet pan and roast for about 20 minutes or until golden and tender.
IMPORTANT!!! The sheet pan must be placed on the bottom rack of your oven for the crispiness to occur.
They should look like this.
And the cut side will look like this. My favorite part is this crispy side. Inside, the potatoes are soft and creamy almost melt in your mouth good!
Did you make my Oven Roasted Baby Dutch Potatoes Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Oven Roasted Baby Dutch Potatoes Recipe
- 1 lb Baby Gold Potatoes washed, dried and halved
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- HERBS such as rosemary or thyme optional
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Wash, dry and halve the potatoes.
- Place potatoes cut side down on the sheet pan and place the sheet pan on the BOTTOM rack of the oven.
- Roast for about 15-20 minutes or until golden and tender. Time may vary depending on size of potatoes and your oven temperature.
- Serve immediately. Vegan sour cream is a wonderful dip for these potatoes!