My Easy Pasta with Peas (Pasta e Piselli) utilizes such simple ingredients and produces one very flavorful dish! Ditalini pasta, peas, olive oil, onions and parmesan (or vegan alternative) are the stars of this show.
How to make Easy Pasta with Peas (Pasta e Piselli)
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following ingredients. They include:
- Ditalini pasta (or Tubetti), cooked, drained and pasta water reserved
- Frozen Peas, defrosted
- Onion, finely diced
- Olive Oil
- Grated Parmesan (or vegan alternative)
- Parsley, chopped (plus a sprig for garnish)
- and Pepper, to taste
The first step is to cook the pasta to package instructions or desired doneness. Be sure to really salt that cooking water!
Before draining, reserve some of the pasta water. This will later help to create our sauce.
Drain the pasta. Do not rinse.
Finely dice a small onion.
Saute in a bit of olive oil. If you can, really try to use olive oil in this recipe rather than a neutral-flavored vegetable oil. It really makes a difference.
Add the drained pasta back to the pan and add the diced onion, parmesan (or vegan alternative), chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
Add just enough pasta water to get the parmesan to create a light sauce. You should not have excess liquid in your final pasta however.
Taste for seasoning, adding more salt and/or pepper if necessary.
Obligatory bite shot 🙂
Give a final sprinkling of parmesan just prior to serving. Enjoy!
Did you make my Easy Pasta with Peas (Pasta e Piselli)? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Pasta with Peas (Pasta e Piselli
- 1 1/2 c Dry Ditalini Pasta cooked, drained & pasta water reserved
- 1 c Frozen Peas defrosted
- 1 small Onion finely diced and sauteed in olive oil until translucent
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 c Parmesan or vegan alternative
- 1/2 tsp Salt or to taste, plus more for cooking the pasta
- 1/4 tsp Pepper or to taste
- Parsley chopped, plus a sprig for garnish
- Defrost frozen peas.
- Cook the pasta to package directions. Remove about a cup of the cooking liquid before draining. Return the drained pasta to the pot.
- Saute the onion in olive oil just until soft and translucent. Add to the drained pasta along with the peas, parmesan, salt, pepper and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Serve immediately with a bit more parmesan and a garnish of fresh parsley.