This easy Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Recipe is one you’ll make again and again! Loaded with veggies and reminiscent of Olive Garden’s famous menu item, this comforting and hearty soup will soon become your favorite dish.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you’ll need the following:
- Onion, diced
- Carrot, diced
- Celery, diced
- Diced Tomatoes
- Tomato Sauce
- Garlic Powder
- Vegetable Broth
- Italian Seasoning Blend
- Ditalini Pasta, cooked to box directions
- Dark Red Kidney Beans, drained and rinsed
- Great Northern Beans, drained and rinsed
- Parsley, chopped
How to make Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli
We’ll begin by sauteeing the onions, celery and carrots in olive or vegetable oil under tender and translucent.
They should look like this.
You can use any vegetable broth but I absolutely LOVE this bouillon. I recently found the reduced sodium version and it’s my new favorite. You simply use 1 teaspoon of bouillon to 1 cup of boiling water. You can also substitute one bouillon cube to 1 cup of boiling water.
While the veggies are sauteing, let’s get the beans and tomatoes ready. Be sure to drain and rinse the beans but keep the tomato liquid as it will become part of our broth.
Add the hot broth to the veggies.
Also, add the diced tomatoes with their juices.
Next, add the beans, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder.
Bring the soup to a simmer and allow to cook and reduce for about 20 minutes or so.
I take that time to cook the pasta and drain it. After the 20 minutes of simmering, add the drained pasta and stir well.
Finally, season with salt and pepper and add the chopped parsley. I love to serve this with warm garlic bread or breadsticks.
Did you make my Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Vegetarian Pasta e Fagioli Recipe
- 2 tbsp Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 3/4 c Onion diced
- 1/2 c Carrot diced
- 1/2 c Celery diced
- 1 1/2 c Low Sodium Broth
- 15 oz Canned Diced Tomatoes with liquid
- 1/2 can Dark Red Kidney Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 can Great Northern Beans drained and rinsed
- 1/2 c Water more or less to the thickness you prefer
- 1 c Ditalini Pasta cooked to package instructions and drained
- 2 tbsp Parsley chopped, reserve some for garnish
- Garlic Powder to taste
- Italian Seasoning Blend to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Saute the onions, celery and carrots in oil until tender and translucent.
- Add broth, water, tomatoes with juices, salt, pepper, seasonings, beans and parsley.
- Simmer for 20 minutes. It should reduce slightly.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta to package instructions and drain.
- Add the pasta and reserved Italian parsley. Stir to combine and reheat pasta. Taste and adjust salt and pepper, if needed. Serve immediately.