This recipe for Easy Seven Layer Bean Dip is perfect for Cinco de Mayo coming up … or anytime really! It makes a perfect lunch for 4 but you can also double the recipe and serve this as an appetizer at your next get together.
As the name implies, there are seven layers to this dip (8 if you choose to add avocado), but you can really use anything you like here. I’m giving you two different options for the creamy layer so that if you are trying to make this vegan, you have an easier time doing so. So let’s get started…
The base layer consists of refried beans that have been mixed with taco seasoning blend. I get mine in packet form in the grocery aisle where you would buy gravies and sauces.
The second layer is nothing more than cream cheese and a small can of green chiles. You can get great vegan cream cheeses these days at stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts or Trader Joes.
However, another alternative would be a vegan sour cream and vegan mayonnaise mixture to taste. I shop at a Safeway and both of these are readily available to me.
The third layer couldn’t be easier and this is where you will adjust the spice your preference level. I am using a mild chunky salsa but feel free to improvise and make it hot if you can handle the heat!
Layer four is shredded iceberg lettuce.
Layer five is a Mexican cheese blend (also really easy to find as a vegan alternative) but use any vegan cheese you prefer.
Layer six are sliced black olives.
Finally, layer seven are diced tomatoes.
Get creative and add more layers to your dip like diced avocado, vegan sour cream, etc.
Did you make this recipe for Easy Seven Layer Bean Dip? Leave me a comment below and let me know how you make yours.
And if you enjoyed this recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
You may also enjoy this recipe from our sister site:
Easy Seven Layer Bean Dip
- 1 16 oz Can of Refried Beans
- 1 oz Package of Taco Seasoning Mix
- 8 oz Cream Cheese OR VEGAN ALTERNATIVE
- 4.5 oz Can of Chopped Green Chiles I used mild
- 1 c Chunky Salsa
- 2 c Iceberg Lettuce shredded
- 1 c Shredded Mexican Cheese OR VEGAN ALTERNATIVE
- 1/4 c Black Olives sliced
- 1/2 c Tomato diced
- 1 medium Avocado diced, OPTIONAL
- Vegan Sour Cream for serving, OPTIONAL
- Tortilla Chips
- For layer 1, combine refried beans and taco seasoning mix. Spread onto serving plate.
- For layer 2, combine cream cheese (or vegan alternative) and green chiles. I used mild. Spread onto refried bean layer.
- For layers 3 through 7, top the vegan cream cheese layer with salsa, lettuce, cheese, olives and tomato.
- OPTIONAL: top with diced avocados and vegan sour cream.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.