These Mini Vegan Coffee Cake Muffins are so incredibly simple to prepare and we made them into mini’s to feed a crowd! Of course, they work just as well in traditional sized muffin cups so feel free to go that route if you’d rather. These are perfectly bite-sized delights and require just two substitutions to make them vegan. Let me show you how to make them.
How to make the streusel topping
The first thing you’ll want to do is make the streusel topping. It requires just a bit of all purpose flour, sugar, melted vegan margarine and cinnamon. Using a fork, mix everything together.
It should start forming some small clumps and that’s what we want. Set aside.
How to make Mini Vegan Coffee Cake Muffins
Now onto the cake part of things. I use a stand mixer and it makes quick work of this recipe. Flour, melted vegan margarine, unsweetened applesauce (as our egg-replacer), sugar, almond milk, vanilla extract, baking powder and salt.
This cake in and of itself is so tender and delicious, but we are about to make it even better!
Line mini (or regular) muffin cups with cupcake liners. Using a cookie scoop, fill the cups half way full.
Next, using a spoon (or your fingers as I did), evenly distribute the streusel topping among the batter until it’s all used up. This is the messy part of the recipe.
Bake at 350 degrees for 13-15 minutes (for mini muffins) or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove to a rack to cool completely.
Store in a lightly covered container. They will become moist if stored in a sealed container.
Did you make my recipe for these Mini Vegan Coffee Cake Muffins? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Mini Vegan Coffee Cake Muffins
- 1 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 c Vegan Margarine melted
- 1/4 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/3 c Almond Milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 2 tbsp All Purpose Flour
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Vegan Margarine melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In a stand mixer (or with a hand mixer) combine all cake ingredients and beat until smooth. Using a cookie scoop, add to lined muffin tins.
- In a small bowl, combine the ingredients for the streusel topping. Using a spoon, or your fingers, sprinkle over the batter until all of the topping has been used.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes (for mini muffins). Larger muffins will require more baking time.
- Let cool for 15 minutes in the pan, then remove to a rack to cool completely.