To access the Pink Applesauce recipe, click here
This pink applesauce tart was translated from an Italian recipe. I had never seen anything like it here in that states, so I just had to try it! You get the distinct taste of applesauce with the most amazing almond crust that just melts in your mouth.
Tried this recipe?Mention or Tag me @theveglife1
- For the pastry:
- 1 Cup of all purpose flour
- 3/8 Cup Almond Flour
- 7 Tbl of butter
- 7 Tbl of sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- For the filling please see our Pink Applesauce recipe here...
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine all of the dry ingredients. When it becomes a coarse meal, add the egg.
- The dough will need to rest in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
- *Before trying to work with this dough, let it warm up a bit before trying to roll. This is a crumbly dough and should be handled as little as possible*
- Roll to a thickness of 1/2 inch and using your tart dish, measure and allow about a 1/2 inch excess. Reserve the remaining dough.
- Using a rolling pin to transfer the delicate dough to the tart dish, gently ease into the bottom first, using a flat-bottomed glass to even out if necessary.
- Fill will the applesauce. Do not over fill.
- Cut the remaining dough into strips to form the lattice pattern atop the tart.
- Sprinkle the top with additional sugar.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is golden and filling is set.
- Cool completely and serve with vanilla bean ice cream if desired.