These Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes come together in no time at all because we’re using a secret ingredient – ready made baking mix! One popular brand, Bisquick, is what we like to refer to as “accidentally vegan”. That is, although unintentional, it does not contain any of the offending ingredients. With the addition of a few simple additions, you have your new fall favorite for breakfast. Let’s make these!
How to make Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
You’ll want to look for the bright yellow box marked Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix. That’s the base of this recipe. If you’d rather use your own, the Internet is full of homemade versions of this classic baking mix.
In addition, you’ll need:
- an egg substitute for 1 egg or the equivalent to 1/4 cup. This could be a flax egg, powdered replacer, applesauce, etc.
- almond milk
- pure pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
- and your desired toppings, such as pure maple syrup, pumpkin seeds, etc.
Whisk until there are no more lumps and then allow to sit for five minutes. This gives the baking mix and opportunity to absorb some of the liquids making for a better pancake.
I love to mix directly into a large measuring cup with a spout making for easier pouring.
You’ll also notice I’m using a mini pancake pan. If you’d like to purchase one, they are readily available on Amazon. Even though they are non-stick, I still like to give myself a bit of assurance that it won’t stick and mist the pan with cooking spray. Do not over fill as they will rise.
You’ll want to wait until you see large bubbles forming throughout and the edges pulling away from the pan before attempting to flip them. The should at least be set enough to pick up and flip.
See how much they’ve risen?
I like to keep things simple and top with just vegan margarine and pure maple syrup, but feel free to use whatever you enjoy.
These have so much flavor, I really hope you give them a try.
Did you make my Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Quick and Easy Vegan Pumpkin Pancakes
- 1 c Bisquick Pancake & Baking Mix
- 1 Egg Substitute (equal to 1/4 cup) i.e. flax egg, applesauce, yogurt, etc.
- 1/4 c Pure Pumpkin Puree
- 1/2 c PLUS 2 tbsp Almond Milk
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1/4 tsp Cinnamon plus a sprinkling for garnish
- 1/8 tsp Nutmeg
- Vegan Margarine
- Pure Maple Syrup
- Preheat a non stick skillet or mini pancake pan over medium high heat. Mist lightly with cooking spray.
- Whisk together all of the pancake ingredients until smooth with no lumps. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Pour into pan or use a scoop. Do not overfill as they will rise.
- Cook until you see consistent bubbles throughout and they pancakes are firming on the edges. Flip and repeat.
- Continue until all of the pancakes are made, keeping warm in a 200 degree oven if necessary. Serve with a dab of vegan margarine and pure maple syrup.
Leave a Reply