These Thin and Crisp Almond Cookies quickly became one of my all time favorite cookies this year. They are so thin and delicate. Crisp on the exterior and tender inside. That almond flavor just cannot be beat. Let me show you how I make them.
Ingredients needed to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. They include:
- Vegan Margarine, softened to room temperature
- Brown Sugar
- Egg, OR VEGAN ALTERNATIVE
- Vanilla Extract
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Very Finely Chopped Almonds
How to make Thin and Crisp Almond Cookies
The first step to making these cookies to to cream together the softened vegan margarine and the sugars. You’ll want to beat for about 2 minutes or until the mixture becomes lighter and fluffy. The sugars should be well incorporated and no longer granular in texture.
To that, add the egg (or vegan alternative) and vanilla extract, beating until combined.
Next, whisk together the dry ingredients and add them to the mixer. Beat just until combine.
Add the very finely chopped almonds and mix in by hand.
Using a small cookie scoop, add small mounds to a baking sheet spacing them about 2 inches or more apart. THESE COOKIES WILL SPREAD, so I don’t recommend more than 6 per baking sheet. Also, take care not to place them too close to the edges of the pan so the shape remains round.
For reference, this is how far apart they should be.
Allow these cookies to cool on the cookie sheets at they will flatten slightly and crisp up. Once completely cool and crisp, remove and store in a covered container at room temperature.
Did you make my Thin and Crisp Almond Cookies? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Thin and Crisp Almond Cookies
- 3/4 c Vegan Margarine softened to room temperature
- 1/2 c Brown Sugar
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 1 large Egg OR VEGAN ALTERNATIVE equal to 1 large egg (1/4 c liquid measure)
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/8 c All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Baking Powder
- pinch Salt
- 1/2 c Almonds very finely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line sheet pans with parchment or silicone mats.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the room temperature vegan margarine and sugars. Beat until creamed together. It should be lighter and fluffy.
- Add the egg (OR REPLACER) and vanilla, beating until combined.
- Next, whisk together the remaining ingredients and add to the mixer. Beat just until combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Stir in the finely chopped almonds by hand.
- Using a small cookie scoop, place 6 mounds onto the lined baking sheets. THESE COOKIES WILL SPREAD so do not crowd the pan.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until the edges of the cookies are golden. Allow to cool on the sheet pan as they will crisp up. Remove to a rack to cool completely.
Leave a Reply