Cinco de Mayo is upon us and what better drink to feature than the Classic Bloody Mary (or Virgin Mary if you prefer the non-alcoholic version). This classic drink is made with Vodka, but if you are more of a beer-lover, head on over to my sister-site, Living Vegan! for the Michelada.
The Michelada boasts some of the classic flavors of a Bloody Mary such as tomato, lime and (vegan) Worcestershire. However, it uses beer instead of vodka making this drink is a bit milder. Feel free to use a non-alcoholic beer here as well.
I like mine with plenty of ice, a celery stalk or two and a skewer of Spanish olives. There’s just something about this combination I just love.
This bright and cheery drink is always a crowd pleaser! Like the Michelada, there are many variations on the base drink, so feel free to get creative.
Did you make this recipe for the Bloody (or Virgin) Mary? If so, let me know in the comments section below.
INGREDIENTS IN THE CLASSIC BLOODY MARY COCKTAIL
- 1 wedge Lemon
- 1 wedge Lime
- 2 oz Vodka (leave out if non-alcoholic)
- 4 oz Tomato juice
- 2-3 dashed dashes Tabasco Sauce or more to taste
- 2 tsp Prepared horseradish or more to taste
- 2 dashes VEGAN Worcestershire sauce
- 1 pinch Celery salt
- 1 pinch Ground black pepper
- 1 pinch Smoked paprika
- 1 Celery stalk (with leaves if possible)
- 1 wedge Lime
- Pour celery salt onto a small plate.
- Rub the lemon or lime wedge along the edge of a glass.
- Roll the outer edge of the glass in celery salt until fully coated. Add ice.
- Squeeze the lemon and lime wedges into a shaker and drop them in.
- Add the remaining ingredients and fill with ice.
- Shake gently and strain into the prepared glass.
- Garnish with a celery stalk and/or a lime wedge.