I started playing around with hummus recipes and rather than make three separate posts, I decided to combine them into one. So today we’re making Vegan Hummus Three Ways!
First, a traditional recipe which I then use to transform it into a carrot hummus. Lastly, a delicious black bean hummus. All are incredibly simple, so let’s get started!
I started with the basic hummus which you are probably familiar with. It consists of chickpeas, tahini, lemon juice, a bit of oil, seasonings such as paprika and optional toasted pine nuts. I omitted them because they aren’t my favorite and it really didn’t need it.
I drizzle a little olive oil over top and garnish with parsley. But I didn’t stop there…
To that hummus base, I added cooked carrots and ginger.
Puree until smooth, top with olive oil, freshly cracked black pepper, slivered almonds and carrot shreds. Fresh parsley for garnish.
Last, but certainly not least was this black bean hummus. In this hummus, I replaced the chickpeas in the original recipe with black beans. Instead of lemon juice, I used lime juice. Something a little different, I used a splash of red wine vinegar. Process until smooth and top with black beans, red onion, vegan goat cheese (optional) and of course, garnish with fresh parsley.
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Hummus 3 Ways? Let me know in the comments section below.
*Some of the links on this page are affiliate links. Clicking on them does not affect your purchase price, it just means we get a very small percentage that assists in keeping The Veg Life! creating new recipes for you each week.
If you liked this recipe, PIN IT FOR LATER!
Vegan Hummus Three Ways
FOR THE BASIC HUMMUS:
- 1 can Chickpeas drained & rinsed
- 1/8 - 1/4 c Tahini or to taste
- 3 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 1/4 c Olive Oil
- 1/4 tsp Paprika
- 1 clove Garlic or to taste
- 1 tbsp Fresh Parsley plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp Pine Nuts OPTIONAL
- Salt & Pepper to taste
FOR THE CARROT HUMMUS:
- 1 recipe BASIC HUMMUS (above)
- 2 medium Cooked Carrots plus some shreds for garnish
- 1/2 tsp Ginger
FOR THE BLACK BEAN HUMMUS:
- 1 can Black Beans rinsed and drained
- 1 tbsp Tahini or to taste
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1/2 tsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Ground Cumin OPTIONAL
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- pinch Red Pepper Flakes OPTIONAL
- Black Beans, Vegan Goat Cheese and Red Onion FOR GARNISH
- Fresh Parsley FOR GARNISH
- The best part of each of these recipes is that they are made entirely in the food processor! Add all of the ingredients for the desired hummus to the bowl of a food processor and puree until completely smooth. Garnish and serve with chips, veggies, etc. They also make great spreads for sandwich wraps!