These Vegan Three Bean Chili Tacos are super simple and we served them in these great little crunchy shells by Ortega called “Fiesta Flats“. If you can’t find them, you could use any crunchy taco shell.
The chili features kidney, black and pinto beans. We began with a quick saute of onions and used Beyond Meat’s Beefy Crumbles. These grounds are both soy and gluten-free. I am really loving them lately. For the sauce, diced tomatos and tomato paste. Season to taste with chili powder, salt and pepper.
We served ours with a bed of shredded lettuce, vegan sour cream by Tofutti and vegan Mexican Style Shreds by GO Veggie!
Before you go, why not check out some of our recent videos and be sure to subscribe to the YouTube Channel! 🙂
Vegan Chili Tacos
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1 medium Onion chopped
- 15 oz. Diced Tomatos
- 2 Tbl Tomato Paste
- 1 C Black Beans
- 1 C Kidney Beans
- 1 C Pinto Beans
- 1/2 C Beyond Meat Soy Free Beefy Crumbles
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Chili Powder to taste
- FOR SERVING:
- Taco Shells
- Dairy Free Sour Cream such as Tofutti
- Lettuce Shreds
- Dairy Free/Vegan GO Veggie! Mexican Shredded Cheese
- In a large stock pot on high heat, add the oil and onions. Saute until tender.
- Add the ground crumbles and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the diced tomatos and tomato paste. Stir to combine.
- Add the beans and season with salt, pepper and chili powder (you can always adjust the seasoning at the end).
- Cover, reduce heat and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- If it's too thin, remove the lid and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Taste for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
- We lined our taco shells with shredded lettuce and sour cream, topped with the chili and vegan mexican shredded cheese.
Patricia @ Grab a Plate says
These look fab! Love those crunchy shells, too!