I finally bough a Spiralizer! I know, I am a bit late to the game but I just couldn’t hold out anymore. Initially thinking of spicing up my salad game, I found several recipes using zucchini as “noodles” for Pad Thai. Intrigued, I set out to master this creation.
I am a huge lover of bean sprouts, but if you aren’t, just leave them out. It will still be delicious, I promise.
There are just a few components to this dish. The spiralized zucchini of course, the soy sauce mixture which is where this recipe begins and a mixture of cornstarch and water to thicken the sauce and bring it all together.
I topped with freshly parsley (cilantro is probably the standard, but I just don’t personally like it) and chopped peanuts. Serve with a few wedges of lime for added freshness, this recipe was delicious!
I’m already thinking of the next thing I can spiralize. This gadget might be a bit addictive and you know how I love my kitchen gadgets 🙂
Did you make this recipe for Zucchini Pad Thai? If so, leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. Do you add anything to yours? Looking for suggestions 🙂
Zucchini Pad Thai
- 1-1/2 tsp Oil
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce I prefer Low Sodium
- 1 tbsp Sriracha
- 1 tbsp; Brown Sugar or Date Sugar
- 1 tbsp Vegetarian Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp Cornstarch dissolved in 1 tablespoon of water
- 2 medium Zucchini spiralized
- 1/3 cup Peanuts chopped
- Parsley (or Cilantro) chopped for garnish
- Green Onion/Scallion sliced for garnish
- 1 can Bean Sprouts drained
- Heat a large skillet or wok over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, whisk together the garlic, lime juice, soy sauce, sriracha, brown sugar and the vegetarian Hoisin sauce. Pour in the sauce and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the cornstarch and water.
- Then stir in the cornstarch and water mixture. Combine and let the sauce cook for about 3 minutes until thickened. It should reduce slightly as well.
- Add in the zucchini noodles. Toss to coat in the sauce and cook until the zucchini is tender. Add bean sprouts.
- Garnish with the chopped peanuts, parsley and/or green onion. Serve immediately.