When I first found out this was possible, I just HAD to try this Crispy Oven Roasted FROZEN Broccoli recipe. I’m serving it with a vegan Lemon Aioli and I have to tell you, this was one delicious side dish!
Can You Really Roast Frozen Broccoli? Does it really get crispy?
I always have frozen broccoli on hand because it is a HUGE time saver! It’s already washed, chopped and blanched at its peak before being frozen. I use this premium broccoli which is larger than traditional frozen broccoli, but any frozen broccoli will do. Frozen broccoli take less time to roast than fresh and it turns out just as amazingly crispy and golden, so why not?
I take the broccoli right from the freezer and place it in a bowl. Just as you would with fresh broccoli florets, drizzle olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
I wanted a bit more flavor, so I added my favorite – Montreal Seasoning. It’s such a flavorful blend. You could really use anything you love here.
Place the broccoli onto a sheet pan, drizzle more oil if it looks like it needs it. It doesn’t even matter if a few are stuck together. It all works out in the end!
Just look at that color! You would never know this wasn’t fresh broccoli that was just roasted.
But I didn’t stop there. I decided to give them a sprinkling of vegan parmesan while they were still hot. You can also give it another hit of salt at this point.
I made this vegan Lemon Aioli for dipping. Yum!
These are so lemony and delicious. I couldn’t stop eating them as I was photographing 🙂
Did you make my recipe for Crispy Oven Roasted FROZEN Broccoli? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought!
Crispy Oven Roasted FROZEN Broccoli
FOR THE ROASTED BROCCOLI:
- 14 oz Bag of Frozen Broccoli Florets larger whole florets work best here
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp Seasoning Blend of your choosing
FOR THE LEMON AIOLI:
- 1/4 c Vegan Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Zest
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice be sure to zest first 🙂
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/4 tsp Garlic optional
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Whisk together the ingredients for the lemon aioli, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, toss the frozen broccoli with olive oil salt and pepper.
- Place broccoli pieces onto a sheet pan and drizzle with a touch more oil and sprinkle on your seasoning blend.
- Roast until golden and crispy. Serve with the lemon aioli.