This Easy Deep Fried Mushrooms Recipe is one appetizer you will make again and again. Served with a vegan Ranch, they are absolutely delicious. Let me show you how to make them.
Ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe
To make this recipe, you will need the following ingredients. They include:
- 8 oz. Mushrooms, wiped clean and stems removed
- All Purpose Flour
- Eggs (if vegetarian) or vegan egg replacer (such as a flax + water mixture) – you could also substitute beer
- Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Oil, for frying
- Vegan Ranch Dressing, for serving
How to make my Easy Deep Fried Mushrooms Recipe
You’ll want to create a breading station. One bowl with flour, salt and pepper. One with either egg, an egg replacer or even beer and finally, the Italian seasoned breadcrumbs.
Wipe the mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel, trim the stems and halve or quarter the mushrooms depending on size.
First toss the cleaned mushrooms with the all purpose flour until they are completely coated.
Add them to the egg (or egg replacer/beer) and coat completely.
Finally, add them to the breadcrumbs until completely coated.
Using a slotted spoon or spider, lower the mushrooms into a pan with hot oil in batches. Do not overcrowd or the temperature of the oil will lower.
Fry until golden brown on all sides.
Drain on paper towels and then serve immediately.
Serve with vegan Ranch dressing for dipping and garnish with a side of parsley.
Did you make my Easy Deep Fried Mushrooms Recipe? Leave a comment below and let me know what you thought.
Easy Deep Fried Mushrooms Recipe
- 8 oz Mushrooms wiped clean, stems removed and halved/quartered - depending on size
- 1/2 c All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- Egg/Egg Replacer or Beer
- 1 c Italian Seasoned Breadcrumbs
- Oil for frying
- Vegan Ranch for dipping
- Wipe mushrooms clean with a damp paper towel. Remove the tough end of the stems and halve or quarter them, depending on size.
- Heat oil over medium high heat.
- Toss the mushrooms in flour, then egg (or beer) and finally, into the breadcrumbs until fully coated.
- Working in batches, add the mushrooms to the hot oil and fry until golden. Remove to paper towels to drain.
- Serve with vegan Ranch dressing.