Eggplant Parmesan Slider
- 1 Medium Eggplant
- ½ C All-Purpose Flour
- Almond Milk
- 1 C Bread Crumbs
- Slices of vegan Mozzarella Style Slices
- Vegetable Oil for frying
- 1 C Tomato Sauce store bought or use our homemade version
- Mini Hard Rolls
- 3-1/4 ” Cookie Cutter used to cut the eggplant to size unless you are lucky enough to find some the perfect size
- Slice the eggplant into ½” slices.
- If yours are too large,use the cookie cutter to cut appropriate sized rounds. Place the cut rounds into a strainer and toss with 1 tsp of salt. Let them drain in the sink or over a bowl for 45 minutes to remove excess moisture.
- Heat a large skillet on medium high heat with enough oil to cover the bottom of the pan.
- To coat the slices, first dip into flour, then almond milk and finally, bread crumbs
- and place into the hot oil to fry for a total or 2 to 3 minutes, flipping once. You may have to do this in batches depending on the size of your pan. Remove and place on paper towels to remove any excess oil.
- To assemble, halve the rolls and spread the marinara sauce liberally. Buiding from the bottom up, place one eggplant round on the marinara sauce followed by the mozzarella slices. Repeat so there are two layers.
- Top with the other roll. We skewered ours to keep everything together.