Penne with Asparagus and Mushrooms
Tried this recipe?Mention or Tag me @aimee_stock
- 12 ounces Mini Penne Pasta
- 4 tablespoons vegan Margarine divided
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced shallots about 4
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms stemmed, sliced
- 6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 3/4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound asparagus tough ends trimmed, cut crosswise in thirds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives optional
- 4 ounces of vegan parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Do not overcook. Drain. Transfer pasta to large bowl.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter with oil in heavy large skillet over medium heat. Add shallots; sauté 1 minute. Add mushrooms; season with salt and pepper. Sauté mushroom mixture until soft. Add lemon juice; cook another minute. Add broth and lemon peel. Bring to boil, then reduce to medium and simmer until liquid is reduced by half, about 6 minutes. Add asparagus to mushroom mixture; simmer until asparagus turns bright green, about 2 minutes. Add chives and remaining 2 tablespoons butter and stir until butter melts. Season sauce to taste with salt and pepper.
- Pour sauce over pasta; toss to coat. Top with shaved Parmesan and serve.