This one pot Vegan 3 Bean Chili is comfort food at its best! Arizona went from scorchingly hot to unseasonably cool in the blink of an eye, so it seemed appropriate to make one of my all-time favorite vegan meals. It’s perfect for tailgating, last minute drop-in guests or an easy weeknight dinner that’s ready in under 30 minutes. It’s also pretty darn budget-friendly!
What I love about chili is that you can add just about anything you like. Today, I opted for a variety of beans: red kidney beans, white chili beans and black beans. I began with sauteed onions and frozen corn. In addition to the traditional crushed tomatoes, I also added chunky salsa which gave it an amazing flavor. It needed a bit more warmth (not spice), so I added chili seasoning and a bit of cumin. Since I was using salsa, I omitted the red and green peppers, but feel free to add them if you’d like.
Top with vegan sour cream, vegan cheddar shreds and a sprig of fresh Italian parsley. I served with these mini cornbread muffins (recipe coming soon).
If you make this recipe for Vegan 3 Bean Chili, leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought 🙂
Vegan 3 Bean Chili
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 small Onion diced
- 28 oz can Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 can Red Kidney Beans
- 1 can White Chili Beans
- 1 can Black Beans
- 1/2 c Corn frozen is fine
- 1/2 c Chunky salsa
- 1 tsp Chili Powder or to taste
- 1/4 tsp Cumin or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Add oil to a large pot over medium high heat and saute the onions until tender and translucent.
- Add the corn and remaining ingredients and reduce heat to a simmer. Cook until the liquid thickens slightly.
- Season with salt and pepper, if needed.
- Serve with vegan sour cream, vegan cheddar shreds and/or a sprig of fresh Italian parsley, if desired.