Tomato Cabbage Soup
Just a handful of ingredients make up this Tomato Cabbage Soup. Hearty, yet very low calorie at just 85 calories per Cup!
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/ingredients.jpg”][/url]
- 1 Tbl Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Onion, chopped
- 1-1/2 Lb Cabbage
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 15 ounce can of Crushed Tomatos
- 4 cups of Vegetable Stock
- Tabasco Sauce (to taste)
- 1 or 2 Tbl Brown Sugar (to taste)
- In a large pot, heat oil on medium high and add the onion. Cook for about a minute or two.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/onions.jpg”][/url]
- Thinly slice the cabbage and add to the onions.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cabbage.jpg”][/url]
- Stir frequently and cook until cabbage and onions soften.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/cabbage-shreds.jpg”][/url]
- Add the salt, broth and crushed tomatos. Reduce heat to medium and cover. Cook for about 15-20 minutes or until cabbage is tender, but still has a little bite to it.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/souptoo.jpg”][/url]
- Stir in tabasco and brown sugar to taste. You can adjust this to your liking.
- [url href=”http://theveglife.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/soupedit1.jpg”][/url]
Like Thanks! You've already liked this