Alfredo sauce reinvented! We've added parmesan and topped ours with mushrooms, shallots and sun dried tomatos for extra flavor.
- 2 Tbl Vegan Butter such as Earth Balance (for sauteeing & finishing the sauce)
- 1 Tbl Olive or Vegetable Oil
- 1 Shallot
- 12 Whole Button Mushrooms
- 1 Tbl Sun Dried Tomatos
- Vegetable Penne or Fettucini
- 1 Medium Cauliflower cut apart into florets
- 3 C Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/4 C Almond Milk
- 1/4 C Vegan Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Cut apart the cauliflower into florets and boil in a large sauce pot until very tender.
- Meanwhile, in a saute pan, with 1 Tbl of the butter and 1 Tbl of olive oil, saute the shallots and the mushrooms. Add the sun dried tomatos and keep warm over low heat.
- Using a spider or slotted spoon, transfer the cauliflower to a blender (do not discard vegetable stock!)
- To the blender, add the milk, salt, pepper, grated parmesan and 1 to 1-1/2 Cup of the vegetable stock. You'll need more or less depending on the size of the cauliflower. Reserve the remainder to thin out if necessary. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a pan to keep hot while pasta is cooking. Add parsley.
- Serve the sauce over pasta and top with the mushroom mix. Add more cheese and garnish with parsley, if desired.