These are the easiest Vegan Banana Bread Muffins you will ever make. Top with your favorite nuts (or not) and freeze individually for up to 3 months!
How do I make Easy Vegan Banana Bread Muffins?
The first thing you’ll want to do is to peel the bananas and mash them in the mixer. You can also use a hand mixer and/or do this by hand if you prefer. I just find that the mixer incorporates a nice amount of air into the muffins making them really light. They will taste delicious regardless of the method you choose 🙂
Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, fill the cupcake liners about halfway full. Do not overfill or you will have a mess on your hands as they do rise good bit.
In our family, we are split between adding nuts … or not. I think walnuts are the perfect nut for this recipe, but feel free to adjust to your personal preferences.
They do tend to rise to the top, so stir them in a bit before baking.
Allow the muffins to cool for a few minutes in the pan.
Once cooled enough to handle, remove the muffins and cool on a rack completely. At this point, you can wrap the muffins individually in foil and then freeze for up to three months.
Did you make this recipe for Easy Vegan Banana Bread Muffins? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought.
And if you enjoyed the recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER! 🙂
Vegan Banana Bread Muffins
- 1 3/4 c All Purpose Flour
- 2/3 c Sugar
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3 medium Bananas
- 1/3 c Vegetable Shortening (or Vegan Margarine)
- 2 tbsp Almond Milk any non-dairy milk will work
- 1/2 c Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1/4 c Chopped Walnuts OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and insert cupcake liners into the muffin pan. Set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, mix until the bananas are completely mashed.
- Add the remaining ingredients and process on a medium speed until well incorporated.
- Using a cookie or ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners about 1/2 full. Do not overfill.
- Chopped walnuts, if desired, and place onto batter. I like to stir them in a bit with a knife or toothpick.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes clean. This cooking time can vary based on individual ovens.
- Cool on a wire rack until you can handle them then remove from the pan and cool completely on the rack.
- These freeze really well. Just wrap with foil and defrost to enjoy at your own pace 🙂