This recipe could not be simpler and it’s incredibly delicious! Frozen green peas, garlic, vegan parmesan, salt, pepper and olive oil are all that’s required to create this Pea Pesto Crostini Recipe. This pesto is nut-free and served with toasted pieces of baguette bread. If you have an extra garlic clove, rub it on the warm, crusty bread for even more flavor.
Should I use fresh (or frozen) peas?
Either works, but I used frozen and just defrosted them first.
How do I make Pea Pesto?
Everything goes into the food processor and is pulsed until it looks like pesto.
Don’t process too much or you will lose the desired texture.
I like to top it with a bit more of the vegan parmesan and you could even drizzle with a bit more olive oil, if desired. You can easily find vegan parmesan in most grocery or specialty stores these days, or even on Amazon.com.
Looking for more pesto recipes?
How about this Vegan Kale Pesto Pasta
or, on our sister site, consider making these tasty recipes!
Crispy Smashed Potatoes with Parsley Pesto
Classic Basil Pesto with Cream Cheese Crostini
Did you make my Pea Pesto Crostini Recipe? Leave me a comment below and let me know what you thought. And if you enjoyed the recipe, why not PIN IT FOR LATER 🙂
Pea Pesto Crostini Recipe
- 10 oz Bag of Frozen Peas defrosted
- 1 tsp Garlic minced
- 1/2 c Vegan Parmesan
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/3 c Olive Oil
- Toasted Slices of Baguette
- Slice and toast the baguette. OPTIONAL: using a whole garlic clove, rub onto the toasted slices for additional flavor.
- Defrost the peas if using frozen. If using fresh, you are ready to proceed.
- Place all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until a pesto texture is reached.
- Serve with a bit more of the vegan parmesan.
Leave a Reply