These simple Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bars are so incredibly delicious! I love bar cookies and don’t make them enough. One of my all-time favorites was this one from a few Christmases ago, Raspberry Almond Bar Cookies.
Flour, oats, confectioner’s (powdered) sugar, pumpkin pie spice, baking powder and salt are whisked together. The vegan margarine is then worked in with a pastry blender (or your fingers if they are not too warm) until small, pea-sized dough bits are formed. 3/4 of this dough is pressed into the bottom of a 13×9 baking pan that has been prepared with cooking spray.
I season pure pumpkin puree with sugar, vanilla and my pumpkin pie spice and that gets spread over the bottom layer.
Lastly, the remaining dough gets crumbled over top. Bake until lightly browned, about 40-45 minutes and transfer to a rack to cool completely in the pan. Cut into 24 servings.
Other pumpkin recipes you might enjoy:
Did you make this recipe for Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bars? Let me know what you thought in the comments section below. Your comments often help others decide if they want to make my recipes, so I always appreciate your feedback. You can also snap a pic and tag me on Instagram @theveglife1 It’s always fun to see what you come up with 🙂
Vegan Pumpkin Spice Bars
- FOR THE COOKIE BASE & TOPPING:
- 2-1/2 C All Purpose Flour
- 1-1/2 C Oats
- 1 C Powdered Sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 3 Sticks Vegan Margarine such as Earth Balance
- FOR THE FILLING:
- 1-1/2 C Pumpkin Puree
- 1 Tbl Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla
- 1 tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 13x9 baking pan with cooking spray.
- Combine the flour, oats, powdered sugar, pie spice, baking powder and salt.
- Using your fingers, work the butter in until you get a coarse, crumbly mixture.
- Spread 3/4 of this cookie mixture into your prepared pan. Press down firmly.
- Combine the filling ingredients and spread over the bottom layer.
- Sprinkle the remaining dough mixture over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top is beginning to turn a golden brown.
- Cool completely on a rack in the pan and cut into squares.