December 16th is #NationalChocolateCoveredAnythingDay. I’m not sure how that came to be a national food holiday, but who am I to complain about anything chocolate? 😉 So in the spirit of this “holiday” tradition, how about giving these super easy Vegan Buckeye Balls a try?
I used the classic peanut butter version to make ours, but why not great creative with your favorite nut butter. You can even use a crunchy nut butter for a little bit of texture. The dairy free chocolate chips are found everywhere these days. I buy the chips from the Enjoy Life brand.
I used a small cookie scoop to form the balls rather than rolling them smooth. I actually prefer the way they looked this way. Once formed, they are dipped into melted chocolate and allowed to firm up in the fridge.
If you make this recipe, snap a photo and tag me on Instagram @theveglife1 🙂 I love to see what you all come up with!
You may also like….
DEC 1st – Peanut Butter Blossom Cookie
DEC 2nd – Powdered Sugar Snowball Cookie
DEC 3rd – Raspberry Bar Cookie
DEC 4th – Brownie Roll Out Cookie
DEC 5th – Holiday Biscotti Cookie
DEC 6th – Green Tea Shortbread Cookie
DEC 7th – Cherry Coconut Cookie
DEC 8th – Sugar Plum
DEC 9th – Moravian Ginger Cookie
DEC 10th – No-Bake Mint Cookie
DEC 11th – Apple Pie Cookie
DEC 12th – Soft Glazed Pumpkin Spice
DEC 13th – Thumbprint Cookies
DEC 14th – Coconut Macaroon Cookie
DEC 15th – Chocolate Peppermint Graham Cracker Cookie
DEC 16th – Pecan Raspberry Linzer Cookie
DEC 17th – Rugelach Cookie
DEC 18th – Italian Lemon Drop Cookie
DEC 19th – Chocolate Crackle Cookie
DEC 20th – Holiday Spritz Cookie
DEC 21st – Cherry Cheesecake Cookie
DEC 22nd – Peppermint Bark Shortbread Cookie
DEC 23rd – Stained Glass Cookie
DEC 24th – Half Moon Cookie
DEC 25th – Italian Rainbow Cookie
Vegan Buckeye Balls
- 1/4 C Vegan Margarine softened
- 1/2 C plus 2 Tbl Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 tsp Vanilla
- 1/4 C Peanut Butter peanut butter is traditional in this recipe, but you could improvise with any nut butter here
- 1/2 C vegan Dairy Free Chocolate Chips
- 1 tsp Vegetable Shortening
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, combine the margarine, sugar and vanilla.
- Add the peanut butter and blend until smooth.
- Using a small cookie scoop, portion onto a cookie sheet. I like to roll them and then place into the freezer for 20 minutes to firm them up before dipping into chocolate.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave on full power with 1 tsp of vegetable shortening in 30 second intervals. Stir frequently. You could also create a double boiler by bringing a pan of water to a simmer on the stove and placing a glass bowl over top. The water should not touch the bottom of the bowl at all. Stir continually to prevent scorching.
- Insert a skewer or toothpick into the top of the ball & dip in-to the melted chocolate halfway up. Place onto the cookie sheet, smooth over the hole and place back into the
- freezer to firm up.
- Store in the refrigerator
lock out service says
wow is the best